Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in the nation’s capital. Cars for Homes makes it quick and easy to donate a car to help local families–right here in your communities–to become homeowners. Your donation may also be tax deductible.
Why should I donate my car to DC Habitat?
- 100% of net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will directly fund Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in the District of Columbia (DC)?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car?
- DC Habitat will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What kinds of vehicles can be donated to Cars for Homes?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment