DC Habitat provides affordable homeownership opportunities and affordable home repairs to families living in Washington, D.C. Our program might not be the right fit for every individual or family, so here is a list of other housing resources in the DC Metro Area that you might want to check out.
If you’re interested in purchasing an affordable home in DC and here are a few other organizations with homeownership programs.
Housing Counseling Agencies
These organizations can provide counseling and training to renters, people interested in purchasing a home, and current homeowners. Counseling Agencies can provide advice and support on preventing foreclosure, credit counseling, budgeting, assistance programs, home purchase, finding an apartment, and more.
- Housing Counseling Service
- Lydia’s House
- Marshall Heights Community Development Corporation
- Latino Economic Development Corporation
- University Legal Services
- DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) – a complete list of DC DHCD-approved housing counseling partners in DC
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – A complete list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies
Affordable Rentals & Transitional Housing
If you’re homeless and looking for transitional housing or need to find an affordable apartment to rent, these organizations can help.
- House of Ruth
- N Street Village
- Samaritan Ministry
- IFCMW – A searchable directory of emergency food, shelter, and health care
These organizations can help individuals and families who are renting a home or apartment and need assistance.