FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 1, 2019
What: Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C., a nonprofit developer of affordable homeownership, will host an Ivy City Celebration including Volunteer Appreciation, Open House, and Home Dedication for Habitat Homeowners. Polly Donaldson, The Director of the DC Department of Housing and Community Development will speak. The event will also kickoff DC Habitat’s 30th Anniversary.
Who: Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. staff, together with Habitat Homeowners, volunteers, supporters, partners (including the DC Department of Housing and Community Development Director) and sponsors.
When: June 1, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
Where: Open House and Home Dedication will be held at Trinity Baptist Church: 1814 Central Place NE, Washington, DC 20002, starting at 10:15 a.m. Celebration reception to follow promptly at Ivy City Smokehouse: 1356 Okie St NE, Washington, DC 20002.
Why: This Ivy City development, the Towns at Ivy City, is a unique public-private partnership made possible by longtime supporters Pentagon Federal Credit Union and United Bank, with a major contribution from Level 2 Development. Other DC Habitat major sponsors include the Share Fund, Freddie Mac, Wells Fargo, The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, Albert Family Fund, Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C., World Bank Community Connections Fund, Buildable Hours, and Bloomberg. This phase of development, totaling 13 units, is part of the wider Ivy City project totaling 41 units. Phase IV was recently completed in early 2019 and was part of an inclusionary zoning project for homeownership that has an average of 50% AMI.
• DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) Director Polly Donaldson
• Pentagon Federal Credit Union First Senior Executive Vice President Lisa Jennings
• United Bank Managing Director of Community Development and Non-Profit Banking Joseph LeMense
• The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Executive Director Mieka Wick
• Serena Bell, Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C.
• Wells Fargo Vice President, Community Relations and Corporate Responsibility Maryland and Greater Washington DC Regions Monica Mitchell
• Bobby McAdams, DC Habitat homeowner
• Che Merritt-Parham, DC Habitat homeowner
For More Information Contact: Cristina Nilakanta, development officer at Cristina.Nilakanta@dchabitat.org or 561.236.0178.