UPDATED 1/19/2021: Beginning Monday, March 16, our office will not host volunteers. This decision is made as part of our efforts to protect our community as we monitor COVID-19 and in accordance with guidelines from DC government. Thank you to all who have submitted an application–it has been permanently saved for when we can resume normal volunteer operations.
DC Habitat always needs volunteers who are willing to assist with administrative tasks in our office, such as helping with mailings, database updates and other organizational support. Opportunities are available Monday – Friday. Responsibilities and tasks include regular office tasks, small ongoing projects, data entry and filing, and other administrative support as needed.
- Support for DC Habitat’s mission
- Willingness to learn and a spirit of service
- Commitment to completion of quality work and attention to detail
- Experience and ability to communicate clearly on the phone
- Pleasant demeanor and comfort interacting with the public
- Comfort, skill, and accuracy when using basic computer functions
- Available 4 to 8 hours/week between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, consistently for at least 3 months
- Willingness to complete a background check and sign a confidentiality agreement
Interested in becoming an office volunteer? Complete the form below to get started!